This smoothie bowl is quick to prepare and packed full of the nutrients that runners need to stay healthy and ready to go
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 portion
- ¾ cup almond milk (use ½ to 1 cup to reach desired thickness)
- 2 cups green spinach
- ½ avocado (ripe)
- 1 banana peeled, sliced and frozen the previous day
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon slivered almonds
- You will need frozen banana slices. To freeze fruit, peel, slice and place in a single layer on wax paper on a flat tray. Cover with a layer of wax paper (the wax paper is to absorb the moisture). Place in the freezer overnight.
- Place the spinach, avocado, chia seeds, frozen banana and half a cup of almond milk into the blender bowl, and blend well using a high speed blender. Use the rest of the almond milk to blend into the desired consistency, if needed.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl. Arrange the blueberries and almost slivers on top and enjoy.
- Use a high speed blender.
- Start with a smaller amount of almond milk and slowly add more until you reach the desired consistency. Don’t add too much or it will become a drinking smoothie.
Recipe by Elsabe Hunter
Elsabe is a strength coach at Fit.STRONG Coaching. She is a fully qualified, REPSSA registered Personal Trainer who believes that age is irrelevant and fitness is for everyone. She specialises in sports specific training and conditioning, weight loss, rehabilitative exercise and functional fitness. Read more about Elsabe