These banana oat flapjacks are delicious and super easy to make. They are also perfect for a post-run recovery meal.
Makes 2-4 flapjacks depending on size
*Recipe can be doubled
- 1 Egg
- 1 Large banana
- 4 Tbs of raw oats
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- Spray & cook
- Optional extras:
- 1 tsp of cinnamon/cocoa to change the flavour of your flapjack
- 1 serving of your favourite protein powder
- Plain yoghurt
- Fresh or Frozen Berries
- Nut butter drizzle
- Place the egg, banana, oats and baking powder into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add in your cinnamon/cocoa/protein powder if desired.
- Place a non-stick pan onto a medium heat. Spray with a non-stick spray.
- Pour in the flapjack mixture. Turning the flapjack to brown evenly on both sides.
- Place your peanut butter or nut butter of choice into a small bowl and top with boiling water (1:4 ratio of peanut butter to boiling water) and stir or whisk to combine.
- To serve, top the flap jacks with plain yoghurt, berries or fresh fruit of your choice and drizzle with the peanut butter/nut butter drizzle.
Jenna is a registered dietitian with a private practice in Bryanston, Johannesburg. She is highly qualified with BSc degrees in Dietetics, Sports Science and Psychology. Jenna is also a keen sportswoman and has competed at the 70.3 World Iron Man Championships. Read more about Jenna Bowes here