Coleslaw is a firm favourite at any braai, but it’s also loaded with calories. This recipe is a healthier and more nutritious version of the traditional recipe. It’s also delicious!
- 1 head of broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 packet spring onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- ½ cup Light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Place vegetables and fruit into a bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar together.
- Mix the dressing and vegetables together. Toss well.
- Season to taste.
Recipe by Kerryn Wuth
Kerryn is a registered dietitian in private practice working in Durban and Ballito. She has a special interest in sports nutrition and using this to help athletes improve their performance. Read more about Kerryn Wuth