Ginger has incredible anti-inflammatory properties and is also a powerful antioxidant which can help to boost your immune system. The recipe below is enough for a weeks worth – the portion size is 150ml and I recommend dividing them up and freezing them individually if you want one each day of the week. Alternately, you can halve the batch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 7 Ginger Shots
- 4 cups water
- 4 apples, peeled and cored
- 4 TBS grated ginger
- 2 lemons, juice of
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until as smooth as possible. The liquid will be a little chunky but those pieces are the apples and ginger which give you the good stuff.
- Distribute into 150ml portions – you should be able to make about 7 Ginger shots. Place in the freezer and de-frost one each day or as needed.
Supersize the shot
To add more superpower to your ginger shot, you can add any of the following:
- Add another 6cm (2 TBS of grated ginger to the recipe)
- Add 1 teaspoon of Turmeric to the recipe – whoa!!! (also a POWERFUL antioxidant and anti-inflammatory)
- Add 210ml of 100% Orange Juice (this will take your daily Ginger shot to 180ml or so) (Vitamin C)
Recipe by Louise from Just Easy Recipes